Edwin Pawlowski

"Leon" wrote in message

LOL. Which bets the question, what is a mobility impaired person doing
shopping in a huge Borg building. Perhaps they should be allowed to drive
through. I never could understand handicap parking in front of Large
stores. The walk from the parking lot to the store is no where near the
walk ahead of them once they get inside.

Leon, I hope you never have the problems some do. My wife (most days) can
walk the inside of the larger stores, but she has to do it pushing a cart.
The walk from a parking spot to the door is often a problem if there are no
carts available or she does not have my arm to hold on to. In nice weather,
I'll park at some distance so we can get the exercise, but when it is 13
degrees or 95 degrees, the placard comes out.

I know abuses occur. I know a fellow that uses his grandmother's car for
Christmas shopping. I'm sure some people don't need to use those spots all
the time. I'm sure some doctors are too quick to sign off. I doubt than
any of us here (even if you are a doctor) can make an honest evaluation just
watching a person walk to the store.

Oh, did I mention that some stores have electric scooters for the
handicapped?