Prometheus

On 3 Jul 2005 17:57:25 -0700, wrote:

Just last year my mother taught me how to make perfect Ukranian
perrogies, fried up with butter and onions (fat free; yeah, right!).
My favorite brew is a local, Yuengling Lager or water.

Mmmm... perrogies- I fry 'em in butter and onions, too. I've got a
cross of random Eastern European (Austrian, Polish, and Czech) and
Irish, but that Germanic blood usually wins. I like warm bitter beer
and sausages (or porkchops) with sauerkraut. Of course, that's
probably not what will be at the family gathering- the local fare
usually includes "jello salad" (not my favorite thing in the world!)
and Coca-Cola with some kind of burned chicken or hot dogs. Very
midwestern stuff, inspired by Luthern church picnics, even though none
of us are Lutherns...

Ah well, there's always Oktoberfest.