Owen Lowe

In article ,
"Gary & Karen" wrote:

I am trying to make a rolling pin. When I try to drill the hole for the
handle, the bit wanders and does not come out in the center of the other
end. What is the best procedure for drilling this hole?

I don't believe anyone's asked the most important question yet:

What type of bit are you using? A forstner bit would be my first choice
as they cut very cleanly and don't tear out the entrance. Second choice
would be a brad-point. Standard bits will frequently wander.

Not very clear on why you need a through'n'through hole. The handled
rolling pins I've seen use something that looks like pins that fit
snugly into the holes and have hand pieces that freely rotate and are
captured by a head on the handle pin.

BTW, anyone know why the gadget is called a rolling *pin*?

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Safety Tip'o'th'week: Never grind aluminum and steel or iron on the same
machine or workstation - Thermite.
http://www.hanford.gov/lessons/sitell/ll01/2001-36.htm