Odinn

On 7/3/2005 3:40 PM Leon mumbled something about the following:
"Odinn" wrote in message

Seem out of place for what? Is my motorcycle out of place for being in a
handicapped spot? A Hummer? A Lotus Elan? Those of us who are
handicapped in whatever capacity should still be allowed to own the
vehicles we wish to own.

Out of place for the perceived activity required to get in and out of such a
vehicle. I am handicapped also but would not expect a special parking
permit because half my thumb is missing. Seem to me that many of the
vehicles require more effort to get into and out of than walking a little
farther like the rest of us.
And, I don't think you should be limited to driving any particular vehicle
but if you have the flexibility to get into and out of some of the tougher
vehicles the walk up to the store should not bother you either in most
cases.
IMHO the spaces should be reserved to those that really do have a hard time
getting around.

So, a person who has trouble breathing and can't walk very far should be
limited to a vehicle that isn't a motorcycle or a corvette? You are dense.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net