Phisherman

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 20:54:01 -0400, "Gary & Karen"
wrote:

Greetings

I am trying to make a rolling pin. When I try to drill the hole for the
handle, the bit wanders and does not come out in the center of the other
end. What is the best procedure for drilling this hole?

Thanks

Gary

I've made a few rolling pins, but all were one solid piece without any
mechanism. But I've made other items which require a
perfectly-centered hole. In that case, I drill the hole first, then
use the hole as a center to turn the piece. I know there are gun
barrel drills (or are these reamers?) used in metal lathes. No matter
how careful I tried, I had not been able to drill a perfectly-centered
hole (I'll be looking for any words of wisdom on this topic!)