Andy Hill

Suzie-Q wrote:
As I was refilling the gas can with gas for my lawnmower I noticed
specks of dirt (or something) in the bottom of the gas can. I probably
should have gotten a new gas can, but didn't think of it at that
moment.

I'm thinking that pouring the gas through some sort of filter into a
new can would help. But what can I use as a filter? Would panty hose
work? Or should I just play it safe and use a piece of metal screen?
I'd like to filter as much as possible, of course, so the finer panty
hose would be my first choice.

Thanks for your help.

A chamois cloth will do the best job, but pantyhose or cheesecloth will be
better than nothing.