PHIL

(PHIL) wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"PHIL" wrote in message
Hi:

I have a Kenmore A/C window unit 12,000 BTU about 9 years old.
In the past few days it has started to make a occasional squealing
noise. I'm guessing it's the fan, is there anything I can do to.....

The fan died yesterday. RIP. I went to RepaiClinic and looked up prices.
$89.00 +S&H. Item not in stock. (BTW, I love that place. Used it before
to fix my stove.)

We thought it over and considering the unit has already outlived its
average life expectancy (and what will belly up next on it), decided to
head over to Sears and pick up a new, hopefully more energy efficient
unit.

Thanks every for your help on this.

If anyone is curious the new A/C we ordered (it was out of stock) is a
Kenmore Model #76129 on sale for $340. Saved $30.

It has 12.300 BTU's (our previous had 12,000) and has an EER rating of 10.8
(the old one was a 9.0). To sum it up - the new one is slightly more
POWERful, more efficient, and cost us about $140 less than the model it
replaced. That helps takes some of the sting out of having to buy a new
unit

~~Phil~~

--
http://NewsReader.Com/ --------------------