Edwin Pawlowski

"Upscale" wrote in message
One brand of car I've been looking at lately are the smart cars. Doors
seem
big enough for me to get in and out and they're low enough to the ground
that I wouldn't have to climb in. I've been considering that kind of
modifications I'd need to get my folding wheelchair in and out.

I saw a good setup the other day. A car (Buick Century) pulled into the
parking spot and had a carrier on top that looked like the pods people use
for luggage on a vacation. From the driver's seat he was able to open it,
have the chair come down right at the door and shift himself into it.