Upscale

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

I told my wife about it. She knew, or knew of, the woman. Turns out,
she really was handicapped, unable to read correctly, because her coke
habit kept her awake nights. The Winn Dixie store and the young lady
are both gone now, for the same reason: mismanagement.

That sounds a little off Charlie. Don't know about down in the US, but up
here in Canada, disability parking permits are for the *mobility* impaired
or for those who might have difficulty walking limited distances because of
certain physical conditions. There's a number of disabilities that do not
entitle one to a parking permit. vision being one of them. Maybe it's
different in the US? I would also suggest that having trouble reading (such
as street signs or warning signs) would also prevent someone from being
licensed to drive.

All of that aside, up here in Canada too, the medical profession is almost
universally too quick to sign the forms allowing someone to obtain a permit.
I've seen it happen repeatedly and I lobby against it at every opportunity.
The worst that happens is when one doctor refuses to complete a parking
permit form for a patient, that person simply goes to another doctor. The
original doctor often loses that patient as a client as well.