Charlie Self

Swingman wrote:
"George" wrote in message

Still, a red corvette looks strange among all those white cadillacs....

Depends upon where you live. A casual observer around here would suspect
that the HC stickers either come with the title, or with your/your spouses
law degree.

Seems most every Mercedes/BMW/Lexus in the local shopping center sports one
... often driven by the trophy wife, complete with crotch hair hugging
spandex exercise shorts (and sometimes the Master of the Universe himself,
very possibly in the _same_ shorts), who parks and _runs_ in to get
Margarita mix.

What a great country ... where you can be illiterate and still drive such
nice automobiles (judging by the number of these same luxury egomobiles,
routinely parked in clearly marked "no parking" areas).

... the practice, like many of the other scofflaw attitudes in this culture,
is endemic.

but sometimes, you gotta check it out. Some time ago, a young (by my
standards) woman with a superb butt rammed her
Expedition/Excursion/Excuse Me into a handicapped space, leapt down
with touching the sill, and trotted into Winn Dixie. I was going in at
the time, so I knew she occupied that space at least for the 30 minutes
I was inside.

I told my wife about it. She knew, or knew of, the woman. Turns out,
she really was handicapped, unable to read correctly, because her coke
habit kept her awake nights. The Winn Dixie store and the young lady
are both gone now, for the same reason: mismanagement.