John Keeney

"Clint" wrote in message
news:xgFxe.89639$HI.3960@edtnps84...
I'm trying to see what your point is. Handicapped (or whatever the PC

term
is) shouldn't have Corvettes? Seriously, I don't understand, besides a

bit
of venting about all the handicap spots being filled.

Up here in Canada, the number of handicap stickers in use has tripled in

the
last 10 years or so. Doctors seem willing to sign for almost anyone. As

an
example, an acquaintance of mine had arthroscopic knee surgery, and ended

up
getting a sticker for 6 months. Couldn't understand that one, myself.

But
he was quite proud of himself.

I've got the permanent tags on my car from back when I was taking
care of a disabled brother. About the only time I've parked in a marked
space since he died four years ago was when I took my sister -who
also hobbles- on a trip last summer. I've not been able to convince
the license bureau that I don't need them any more.
Kind of got a few laughs when they came looking for the car's owner
to move it out of the LZ during a training exercise.

"George" wrote in message
SWMBO and I go up to the "big city" to Menards today - plumbing, don't
ask -
and since she's still in a chair from a broken tib/fib, we can use the
blue
spots.

Though they're always empty when I don't have the mirror hanger, today
they're full. Goes without saying. Most even have a sticker, including

Corvette in front of the exit door.

A CORVETTE??????