Stormin Mormon

My Dad had (past tense) a generator with a 10 HP Tecumseh. It wouldn't start
one time, having not been run in a couple years since the last power cut. A
neighbor helpfully sprayed ether in the cylinder. The piston locked up, and
the machine threw a connecting rod. Not a good idea.

The other folks have had good suggestions -- drain all the gas out, and dry
it. Fresh gas. The other idea is to replace the gasket between the carb and
the side of the motor.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"John Keith" wrote in message
My B&S powered mower has recently become very hard to start. In fact
the only way I've been able to start it is by spraying some starting
fluid into the cylinder. But once it is started it runs perfectly, no
misses, no RPM drops, etc. I recently had to completely drain the fuel
system as some water got into the tank but I've run a couple tanks
worth of fresh gas through the system. I do think the beginning of the
hard starting problem does correspond to the water in the fuel problem
so I think it is related. But I've run out of ideas to try to
eliminate the problem and would appreciate some suggestions from the
group.

Thanks for any ideas.

John Keith