don h

If all else is well, it sounds like all you need a choke adjustment. Good
luck

"John Keith" wrote in message
My B&S powered mower has recently become very hard to start. In fact
the only way I've been able to start it is by spraying some starting
fluid into the cylinder. But once it is started it runs perfectly, no
misses, no RPM drops, etc. I recently had to completely drain the fuel
system as some water got into the tank but I've run a couple tanks
worth of fresh gas through the system. I do think the beginning of the
hard starting problem does correspond to the water in the fuel problem
so I think it is related. But I've run out of ideas to try to
eliminate the problem and would appreciate some suggestions from the
group.

Thanks for any ideas.

John Keith