willshak

On 6/11/2005 10:36 PM US(ET), Dr. Hardcrab took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

"willshak" wrote

I don't know where you live, but where I live in NY state (not NYC), every
Sears repairman came in a white Sears truck and wore a Sears work uniform.

To INSTALL something, or repair it?

Big difference......

I said 'repairman'. They come with a little notebook computer with a
wireless connect to Sears, and record the repairs made, print your bill,
accept your credit card, which they run through the computer, have you
sign on the computer screen, and print you a receipt. Nothing is hand
written. Every repairman (or repairwoman) was pleasant, told me
everything they were doing, and offered advice on how to keep the
machines working. One guy even stopped working on the washing machine
(under warrantee) to take a tick off my dog. Another one found a 10
penny nail in the washing machine pump which was the cause of the
failure. He wrote it up as a faulty pump.
All my appliances are from Sears and I would go there first for any
replacements.

--
Bill