Ecnerwal

In article ,
"Gary & Karen" wrote:

Greetings

I am trying to make a rolling pin. When I try to drill the hole for the
handle, the bit wanders and does not come out in the center of the other
end. What is the best procedure for drilling this hole?

Thanks

Gary

Make a "French" style rolling pin and skip the hole. I'm not sre whether
this style is actually especially prevalent in France, but that's what
I've always seen it called in the US. Long narrow in with taper ends -
user rolls on the tapers, rather than grabbing handles.

Drill the hole first, then turn the pin with the hole in the middle.

Glue up the turning block - before gluing up, rout a half-round in each
half, line them up, perfect hole.

Parabolic bit.

D-bit (search the archives, detailed instructions have been given in the
this group in the past).

With any of the drilling methods, drill half-way from each end and the
ends will come out right (but you have to hope the middles meet - on the
other hand, it's half the distance to go out of whack).