Jim Yanik

"toller" wrote in
:

"JimL" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 23:01:24 GMT, "toller" wrote:

Somebody on ebay is selling 2 18v Dewalt batteries that will not hold
any charge. 4 people have bid them up to $10.

I know you can have batteries rebuilt, but could it possibly be
worthwhile to buy them (with shipping) for that purpose? Or is there
another use I am
unaware of for dead batteries? I may go borrow some from a recycling
center
and put em up.

I've repaired several. I canabalized one pack that had 15 cells.
Two of those cells were bad and I tossed those. I see that I have 9
cells left, so I've used these to repair 4 other cells in other
battery packs.

Usually, only one cell is really bad in a battery pack when it
quits. The way I check them is try to charge the defective pack and
then wait an hour or two and measure the voltage with a digital
multimeter. If it is below 1.1 volt then replace it.

That makes sense; but I am not sure it makes sense to buy dead
batteries to do it.

There are TONS of crap sold on Ebay that make no sense to buy!
One stripper sold one of her BREAST IMPLANTS,and got more than $60,000
bucks for it,and then there's the toasted cheese sandwich with the image of
JC on it....

People sell dead hard drives by the box,too.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik