Tim Mullen

In (DoN. Nichols) writes:

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
Looks like they've all been answered correctly, but I'm not sure about 392:

392. When I posted this set, I thought that this was a brake shoe retaining
spring tool like the one shown in this link:

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/kd285.html

Others here seem sure that it's for knurled nuts, but I haven't found a link
to see an example of one. This tool is marked "Blackhawk ZT1010", I did a
search but couldn't find anything about it on the web.

I just tried to find my examples to photograph them, but they
are not in the toolboxes where I expected them.

I guess that the trick is whether the knurls form a straight
cylinder or whether they are tapered. If a straight cylinder, it would
be a knurled nut tool, if tapered, it could be to grip the edges of the
disc-shaped retainers on brake shoes.

Older knurled dress nuts *are* tapered. They have a rather nice,
rounded profile. More recent ones are straight in cross-section.

--
Tim Mullen
Am I in your basement? Looking for antique televisions, fans, etc.