Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 13:13:47 -0400, (Jeff Gagnon) wrote:

Right with you there, buddy. Seems like there's nowhere you can go
ANYWHERE... shore, parks, even state forests... and there's plastic
bags, bottles and wrappers wherever you go. Not to mention "empty"
plastic cigarette lighters.
They're like mushrooms... everywhere.

Funny, we just spent a day in Rocky Mountain National forest a few weeks
ago. Very little litter anywhere, neither at the picnic area nor around
Bear Lake or Nymph Lake, nor in any of the parking lots.

Spent time on the beach in Oceanside, California in April. Again, no
real significant amount of trash except in a few places along the wave
barriers where some had been deposited by waves -- but not in any real
great amounts.

If "Littering" becomes an olympic sport, the USA will take the gold,
silver, and bronze medals every year. It IS a local thing, people. Pick
up the first plastic bag you see in the woods, and I'll bet you can fill
it with other litter in 15 minutes. You'll feel a little better when you
drop it off in a trash can.

Wouldn't exactly bet on that. Had some friends who spent time in Japan,
they climbed Mt Fuji and were astounded at the huge amount of litter (bags,
water bottles, etc.) on the trail. They indicated it was worse than
anything they had seen at US Parks.

Back to the shop. Gotta finish the solid walnut bathtub before the
plumber gets here.

Jeff