Allen Epps

In article ,
Duane Bozarth wrote:

Allen wrote:

In article . com,
"Andy" wrote:

And yet the powers that be insist we need more data before we do
anything about global warming or global climate change... Heaven
forbid we take any pre-emptive action to protect the environment.

Let's see in Portland area you have received about 55% of the normal
rainfall this year compared to the 1970 to 2000 average. Yet Southern
California has received almost 200% of it's normal rainfall in the same
time. Using micro-measurements to predict or track macro changes is not
good science. That being said there is no doubt that the worlds climate
is changing. ...

Well, the last certainly doesn't follow from the preceding...and it's
not totally clear there's anything outside other normal cycles despite
the claims of proponents of the theory...

That said, there's certainly reason to consider environmental
impact.

I guess that's my point Duane. I buy into global climatic change but I
do not buy into global warming nor do I believe that man's totally
responsible for said changes as they well be cyclic stuff that's been
going on for millions of years nor am I convinced we can break that
change cycle. What we can do is make sure where we hang out every day is
clean and we can drink the water and fish in it and it's not all paved
and I have wood to build stuff with and I have deer to hunt and pheasant
for the Finn McCool the Wonder pup to chase (and me to shoot and eat).
It all comes down to quality of life. I don't want to live in a bubble
so I do what can to keep my part neat and clean.

Allen

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even
though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that
knows not victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt