No

What you supposedly get, one your done, is a better battery than the
original. Plus, NIMH is better than most NiCad and will last longer (Battery
lasts longer not run time) I think you may also get a large MiAh
(spelling?)which means longer runtime.

I had one Milwalkee 18v done by them w/o problems. I have not compared it to
a factory battery though. I am expecting to get back 2 Porter Cable 14.4v
upgraded to NiMH any day now. Cheaper than replacing in the PC case!

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"toller" wrote in message
Somebody on ebay is selling 2 18v Dewalt batteries that will not hold any
charge. 4 people have bid them up to $10.

I know you can have batteries rebuilt, but could it possibly be
worthwhile to buy them (with shipping) for that purpose? Or is there
another use I am unaware of for dead batteries? I may go borrow some
from a recycling center and put em up.

Spare cases for rebuilding is my guess. Primecell will rebuild them with
ni-cads for $48 or with NIMH for $72 New batteries are about $65 or so.
Toss in shipping and not a big savings.