SteveB

"floax" wrote in message
ups.com...
I had been cleaning out my closets this past weekend, and finally got a
lot of boxes on top of our wire shelving that should have never been
put up there. However this morning, I awoke to the sound of one of the
shelving falling down. The anchors in the wall just came out.

I figure the weight from up top was keeping the shelf balanced with the
weight of the clothes hanging. Once the weight on top was removed, the
clothes was just to much.

So, I'm planning to spackle and then re-install the wire shelf (with
half as much clothes hanging this time!) My question is will the
spackle be enough to hold if I put the anchors in the same place? Or
will I need to drill new holes for the anchors in different locations?

Spackle is AWFULLY strong, but I personally prefer to hit studs or rafters.

Steve