mac davis

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:07:18 -0500, Duane Bozarth
wrote:

snip

We've been in a similar period until last summer...this year so far has
been near normal, altho we're starting to get really dry again. (Of
course, just now we're trying to finish up wheat harvest so we'd be glad
to see another few days of no severe storms and dry, then some
moisture.)

Funny that you mention crops, Dave... A neighbor is a county Ag inspector and
she's been working WAY too much overtime this month..
She was saying last night that the "stone crops" (peaches, plums, etc.) usually
are ready to pick in mid or late July, but it's been such a wet winter and hot
spring/summer that they've been picking them since early June...
(shortly after a spring rain storm screwed up the raisin crop, a biggie around
here)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing