Allen

In article . com,
"Andy" wrote:

And yet the powers that be insist we need more data before we do
anything about global warming or global climate change... Heaven
forbid we take any pre-emptive action to protect the environment.

Let's see in Portland area you have received about 55% of the normal
rainfall this year compared to the 1970 to 2000 average. Yet Southern
California has received almost 200% of it's normal rainfall in the same
time. Using micro-measurements to predict or track macro changes is not
good science. That being said there is no doubt that the worlds climate
is changing. The questions that have relevance are. What is man's effect
in that and what can we do to change the current trends? We are far
better off spending money and time fixing what we can with clean water,
open space, cleaning up some of the industrial messes and such quality
of life issues that buying into some one world solution where the burden
is lain on the big nations and all the "developing nations" continue
business as normal.

It's another one of those subjects where newsgroup postings will not
change anyone's mind but it's Friday and I just couldn't restrain
myself. If you want to make a difference this weekend take a bag along
on your hike and pick up trash in the state park as you go along, don't
put more fertilizer on your grass and make sure you turn off the lights
when you leave the room. Think local it makes a real difference.

Sorry for the rant.
Allen