pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Gunner wrote back on
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:18:44 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Rex Burkheimer" wrote in message
OK guys, help me find a gear for my lathe.
Enco 1024
Enco is no help.

Those South Bends, Logans and Clausings are looking better now aren't
they. You can still buy these parts both new and used for the American
iron and the Chineese iron is unobtainium. As a general rule, it seems,
that spares become nonexistent when the machines go out of production.
Not really logical given that few machines require parts until they
begin to show signs of age.

Maybe people ought to consider making the spare parts before the
machine breaks and they can't make those parts. You can do it in your
"spare time". From the spare steel you just happen to have laying about.

Indeed! Another reason to hunt for American iron.

yeah.
--
pyotr filipivich.