Australopithecus scobis

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:05:18 -0500, Tom Banes wrote:

Tightening up the mouths on both a #3 and #5 Stanley. Want the #3 at
about .020 and the #5 at about .125. In both cases the frog adjusting
screw bottoms out befoe I get the mouths that tight, with just a hint
of iron below the sole. So I just took the screws out and moved the
frogs forward manually. That worked fine, but it would be nice to use
the screws for more precise adjustment.

Something's not right. If you back off your chipbreaker, you'll get more
blade through the mouth. The frog adjusting screw is happiest when you
loosen the frog attachment bolts. It's not doing what you think it's
doing, I think. Loosen the frog attachment bolts a hair, put everything
back together, check the mouth opening, lather rinse repeat. When you've
got it as tight as you want, tighten the bolts down. And read the link
another poster mentioned.

--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad {dot} scientist {dot} com