Well here is where I stand at the moment.

I did call an independent dealer to come out at 6pm Friday to look at
the unit. I figured even though the unit is just less then a year old I
would have them look at it and eat the cost especially since they do
repair Kenmore(carrier) units. The person came out and looked things
over. He isolated it to the defrost board, Heat pump/AC unit, but told
me he didn't have the part. He did say though that I have a high end
unit and didn't feel comfortable messing with it to get it to run as it
would void my warranty. He also told me that there is no way to bypass
this board to make the unit run. He didn't charge me a penny and felt
sorry for me having to deal with Sears. This company is very reputable
in the area and I would trust them. Seeing he didn't take a penny from
me after coming out at 6pm on a Friday was very good.

So I went back a replaced my call in to Sears repair and hope they can
get out on Monday evening. The real issue here I guess is that Sears
doesn't have any type of emergency, for me this is an emergency,
response where maybe I pay a deductible. Secondly why do they only have
one company they deal with in the area. Why not have a backup in case
the other person is busy. I think the main company is busy doing
new/replacement units which probable pays better then my warranty
repair.

Why did I choose Sears to begin with? The free financing for a year of
which I just paid it in full last week before payments kicked in. Well
I guess I learned a very good lesson here. I know some people made a
comment about the fact that we lived many years ago with out a/c but I
do have an out of town guest with asthma staying with me and I thought
I could keep him comfortable here. Oh well.