Grant Erwin

R. O'Brian wrote:
My 15 ton sits on 4 swivel casters with toe-brakes. The feet are 3' long
and the casters are at the ends which puts them at the corners of a 3 ft.
square. Very stable and easy to move.

Yes, but space-inefficient. Mine is also 3' wide but I'm only going to use 20"
feet. If it falls over I may regret it. :-)

GWE

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

I have a little 20 ton H-frame shop press. It would press just fine

hanging from

a loop, i.e. it doesn't rely on the ground any. However, it wasn't made

with

feet, and I'm not OK with something that can fall over. So I'm designing

feet. I

want to be able to move it, so I'm going to dig into my caster stock and

put it

on casters. What I want to know is, is there any reason it can't stay on

casters

full time, or should I fuss with some sort of retractable caster

arrangement?

GWE