Steve Peterson

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I have a little 20 ton H-frame shop press. It would press just fine hanging
from a loop, i.e. it doesn't rely on the ground any. However, it wasn't
made with feet, and I'm not OK with something that can fall over. So I'm
designing feet. I want to be able to move it, so I'm going to dig into my
caster stock and put it on casters. What I want to know is, is there any
reason it can't stay on casters full time, or should I fuss with some sort
of retractable caster arrangement?

GWE

Instead of casters on quite a few if my machines I have mounted wheels on
one end and when I need to move them I either tip the machine onto the
wheels or I have made a dolly that I slip under the unwheeled end. Works
for me.
Steve