Graeme

Default Silicone sealant

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Graeme" wrote in message

Just fitted a new bath and there is a gap between the bath and the two

end
walls of approx 1.5cm. Will Silicone fill this size gap, and to what

depth?
Or should I use some other type of filler with a silicone 'top coat'?
When the walls have been tiled, I'll be adding an L shaped seal anyway,

but
I thought the extra sealant/filler would add to rigidity/stability.
Thanks.

For a gap that width I'd recommend using a bath seal strip which will sit

on the wall
and you put your tiles over it.

Have a look at this page:

http://www.tradetiler.com/acatalog/Plastic_Trims.html

I'd already looked at these but am not totally convinced. Wouldn't slight
movement in the bath cause stress on the tiles? I guess I was hoping that
filling the gap with silicone would add stability. The bath doesn't move
that much, in fact after screwing the legs to the floor, and a couple of
wall brackets, I only know it does move a little because I've _tried_ to
move it.