AAvK

Default Brace drilling bench bolt holes

I am going to drill bench bolt holes into the stretchers and side braces
using a hand brace hopefully through a self centering doweling jig,
maybe 8" total depth to meet the nut holes, for the stretchers and shorter
for the side braces. Straight through the tenons but that length must
include to the outside of the leg, thickness from a "blind mortise".

I noticed, because of the single wide flute of the bit (old Greenlee), it
wobbles widely in the SCDJ, so I don't think it would work to keep it
straight.

Was there ever a DJ made for these types of bits? Any specific maker and
model#?

Or should I buy a long brad point bit and use my skildrill?

--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com