loutent

In article , Owen Lawrence
wrote:

I stopped at HD over lunch today, and on my way out I see this kitchen
cabinet with no counter top. It's made of cheap melamine, and in the top
four corners were four thin little plastic triangles, STAPLED in place. I
guess they were there for strength.

Who conceives of these things?!

- Owen -

Hi Owen,

Most here on the wreck are spoiled - we expect good to
excellent construction in general.

I bought a vanity/sink combo at HD a few months ago
for a condo renovation. It was $99 for both items in
a single box.

I would never buy this for myself, but the market
is the market. It will last 10+ years. What more
could you want?

There is a place/price for most anything that's for
sale out there.

Me? I like to build my stuff out of real wood and use
the best stuff I can find.

I would bet that it's hard making a living doing that.

(I'm a retired hobbyist).

Lou

Like someone said here a while back:
"good, fast, cheap - pick any two"