BobS

Owen,

I can't answer your question but I would guess that the accountants and the
MBA's of the company are the driving force. They won't stock something for
very long if they can't sell so many of them over a certain time period.
I'm sure they have some very specific stocking models that take into account
numerous factors to determine if an item is stocked or not.

Bottom line, if it doesn't sell well - they don't stock it. That means
those cheap cabinets you saw do sell. What that means is if you're looking
for quality, look someplace else cause that doesn't sell very well at the
borg's. Most contractors and DIY fixer-upper's want pricepoint - and could
care less about the quality.

The plastic triangles are used to help keep the sides from racking and are
used to secure the top to the base. A short screw thru the plastic to the
top and it keeps it from sliding around and falling off the edge of the
earth...

Bob S.

"Owen Lawrence" wrote in message
I stopped at HD over lunch today, and on my way out I see this kitchen
cabinet with no counter top. It's made of cheap melamine, and in the top
four corners were four thin little plastic triangles, STAPLED in place. I
guess they were there for strength.

Who conceives of these things?!

- Owen -