James Lerch

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:46:03 GMT, in rec.crafts.metalworking you
wrote:

"James Lerch" wrote: (clip) Anyone have any other ideas on an inexpensive
and simple transfer switch? (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You may be finding switches that are rated to switch 200 amps under load.
You don't need that. You need a switch that will carry 200 amps.

The way I initially built my transfer system was with cable plugs. I wired
the house to the meter through a length of flexible cable that had a heavy
twistlock plug in the middle. I attached a similar cable to the generator
with a matching plug.

Where o where did you find 200amp capable twist lock plugs? I kind of
like the idea, as long as code enforcment is happy with it as well...
Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)

Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge