Steve Peterson

My garage (shop - don't tell SWMBO) is 24' square, and the walls are about
11' high, supporting a standard ^ roof, no ceiling. So it is 576 sq. ft.,
and a lot of cubic feet. It gets morning sun, but there are trees on the
west that start shading by midafternoon. The 11000 BTU AC can cool it down
quickly, maybe 15 minutes, and the compressor goes off when it reaches the
set temp. Biggest thing is it removes humidity, which is 90% today. It has
only been in service for a week, so I don't yet know how much it costs. As
I said, I am trying to figure out insulation.

Steve

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Steve, did you do any calculations on the BTU you slelcted based on
the square footage and temperature? What's your square footage?

Also, let's say the shop has been closed up all day and you turn on the
AC at 3:00 in the afternoon. What's the inside air temp before you turn
it on? How long does it take the window unit to get the shop down to
your "comfortable" temp? What do you estimate the operating cost of the
unit to be?

Thanks,
Tom