David Sumner wrote:
wrote:
Our local Home Depot has signs all over telling customers to keep their
window air conditioners flat when transporting them or else they may
not work properly? what's this all about?

I was told by the HD salesman that there is oil in the compressor motor
that may run where it's not supposed to be if the unit is turned on its
side or upside down. He said that if that happened, it would be
necessary to turn it right side up and leave it for some time before the
unit would operate properly again.

Thanks! I was wondering why our 6000 BTU we bought doesn't cool as well
as the 5200 one we got rid of after 15 years. Was worried that
transporting it in the cart on a slant might have done some damage.
Also, I don't see such signs in any other store.