Rex B

- -
Rex Burkheimer
WM Automotive
Fort Worth TX

Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Rex Burkheimer" wrote in message

OK guys, help me find a gear for my lathe.
Enco 1024
Enco is no help.

Suggestions welcome.

Rex B

I would look for a stock gear that you can cut down or boar out to get the
job gone.

Try : http://www.martinsprocket.com/

Will do. I did that on an Atlas last year, exact same situation, also a
16/32, albeit smaller. I did have a bit of a problem chucking onto the
good gear (32 Tooth) so I could cut uff the bad gear that shared the
common hub. I used a 3-jaw chuck, but I can see that a 4-jaw is the
better choice based on simple division. Is there a better workholding
method that is easier on the gear teeth? I do not have an arbor for
this size but would buy one if that's the best tool.