DoN. Nichols

In article , Rex B "" wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:
Rex Burkheimer wrote:
OK guys, help me find a gear for my lathe.

[ ... ]

Your dimensions should be in metric units, as this machine was
manufactured in a metric country, and all imperial units (such as you r
19/32") will have to be converted to metric before anything meaningful
can be calculated.

Don, I agree, but I was at home, and all my measuring tools and charts
ar at the shop. I was really hoping someone might have a spare one
laying around.

Well ... since there were apparently several versions of this
made, I think that you'll need the more precise measurements anyway so
someone can know whether what they have is right or not.

[ ... ]

People have also been known to weld or braze material into the
broken tooth area and to cut new teeth after setting the index head from
the remaining teeth.

All the teeth are distorted on this one.

Ouch! This means that you will have to check the module shape
and the pressure angle on the gear which meshes with it, as everything
is too distorted to work from.

I will get more precise measurements and try to figure it out from the
Boston Gear catalog.

Thanks for the input.

You're welcome.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564