Edwin Pawlowski

"Nehmo Sergheyev" wrote in message
- Nehmo -
It might help the discussion if you guys would identify which Skil,
Ryobi, or Panasonic you're talking about http://snipurl.com/fib0 .

Why? Any Panasonic is better than any Skil or Ryobi. One problem with
Ryobi is the cost of replacement parts. A switch was $26 to repair a drill
that came in a combo kit for $99.

FWIW, I have the 15.6V Panasonic model EY6432GQKW. Light and powerful for
its size. Better speed control, better clutch, one hand bit changes.

This 18v Skil for $100 doesn't look bad http://snipurl.com/fib1

But personally, I get most of my stuff from Harbor Freight
http://order.harborfreight.com/EasyA...ht/results.jsp

Cordless drills get stolen, left on jobs, and dropped from ladders
(actually, it's amazing how many drops they can survive). When you get
them cheap, they're kind of disposable, and you can buy enough of them
to compensate for the failures.

I've not used the HF stuff, nor do I plan to. I have used cheap tools and
they just don't perform as well as the better tools and can be very
frustrating and can lead to damage. . Sometimes for a one use took it is
OK, but long term, not a good buy. If you're happy, good for you.