Tom

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:34:53 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Pillow blocks don't seem to be available for shafts less than 1/2"
diameter. I don't have access to a milling machine, so I can't make my
own "double pillow block" to carry two ball races.
What do people think? Will rod end bearings with a bronze insert stand
up to continuous use in a rock tumbler if I keep them clean and well
lubricated? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

How about taking a block of UHMW and drilling two holes in it at
whatever spacing you desire. With a moderate load UHMW will last a
long time and when it wears you can just drill two more holes. If you
have a heavy load you can use nylon for better wear resistance.