DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Rex Burkheimer wrote:
OK guys, help me find a gear for my lathe.
Enco 1024
Enco is no help.

[ ... ]

I need a compound gear in the quick change gearbox.
This is a 16/32 tooth gear, with a bronze bushing bore of approx 19/32
I do not have a manual, so am using the 110-2034 manual as a reference.
The construction is similar, perhaps the gears are common to my lathe.
In that manual, the part is #45, part number is 3D-2

Suggestions welcome.

First off -- you need more information in your article, as I
suggested to the previous request.

Your 19/32" is almost certainly 15.00 mm instead, and we need
other information such as the OD (from which the pitch diameter can
probably be determined), and it possible the detailed tooth form.

Your dimensions should be in metric units, as this machine was
manufactured in a metric country, and all imperial units (such as you r
19/32") will have to be converted to metric before anything meaningful
can be calculated.

You might also include the tooth width to give those who have
metric gear catalogs a chance of finding matching gears to use, even if
you are planning to bore out an existing good gear, and turn down the
broken one for a press fit.

If you have a milling machine and a dividing head, you can
probably turn a ring of similar metal, press fit it, and cut new gear
teeth.

People have also been known to weld or braze material into the
broken tooth area and to cut new teeth after setting the index head from
the remaining teeth.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564