Orrin Iseminger

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:02:20 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

OK, I got a couple of bars of solid graphite rems about 3/4" square by 10" long.
This stuff feels wimpy to me. I don't want to clamp on the leads from my battery
charger. I'm considering drilling and tapping the ends for 1/4-20 brass
allthread, and using 2 brass nuts up on the end. Then I'd crimp 1/4" lugs on the
ends of a couple of pieces of wire and attach those to my 2 electrodes, then
bolt the other ends together using another short piece of brass allthread and 2
nuts, then I'd catch the clamp from the battery charger to that. How do you guys
actually attach power to graphite electrodes?

GWE

Grant, I started out fancy by drilling a close-fitting hole in the
graphite and inserting a copper wire with the insulation stripped back
a bit. Then, I sealed it with glue.

All that is not necessary. Now, I simply allow the electrode to stick
out of the solution a half inch, or so, and attach the alligator clip
from the power supply.

Regards,

Orrin