willshak

On 6/11/2005 6:25 AM US(ET), Dr. Hardcrab took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

"Bob" wrote

wrote in message
groups.com...

I am VERY displeased with the service I am getting from Sears on my
central AC unit. I came home today to find that my unit was no longer

Why on earth wouldn't you just call any local reputable heating/Air
conditioning business. Sears probably just contracts with one of them
anyway.

(in the following "mini-rant", when I say "you", I don't mean you Bob, and
when I say "me", I'm not nec talking about myself. I'm am speaking as if I
am a contactor speaking to a homeowner)

You have to remember (or maybe you aren't that old?):

At one time, Sears was a name you could trust. As much as I hated them, I
wore Toughskins almost my entire life before high school. Almost every thing
my family bought was purchased through Sears. They knew that if they ever
had a problem with something, you could take it back and get your money back
or a replacement would be given to you. Hell! Kenmore appliances?? Top of
the line stuff. Craftman products? Fuhgedaboutit!

Now you see the "info-mercial-like" ads on TV for Sears A/C, or Sears siding
and windows, or Sears roofing. "Oooooo....ahhhhhhh. Isn't THAT pretty! And
they did such a nice neat job and that nice man on the TV said we can
finance it and...."

Sheeeeeeyat! As Bob said: Why would you call Sears and have them install
(pick a product) when they are going to turn around and call ME to do it. Do
they really think guys in Sears uniforms come out and do the work?? ("When
you get back to the store, say hi to Ms. Cathy in the ladies shoe
department!") and think about it:

You come to me, I give you a price to do the job. You go through Sears, who
then comes to me, do you think it will still be the same price? Do you think
I am going to LOWER my price just so Sears can make some money off of the
deal? SURRRRRRREEEE I will................

Can you say "middleman"??

I don't know where you live, but where I live in NY state (not NYC),
every Sears repairman came in a white Sears truck and wore a Sears work
uniform.

--
Bill