Jim B

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 23:51:40 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Many people are. Sears is the last place I'd buy anything that ever needs
service.

Here was my experience with Sears. I received three bids for a 4 tons
HVAC; Carrier, York and Kenmore. I trusted Sears and I accepted Sears
bid, $3K more than the other two lower bids. Sears subcontracted the
installation to two contractors and it ended up in a leaky mess. Two years
later, after the warranty expires, Sears had not done anything to remedies
the problems. Finally, Sears service area manager and the contractor's
manager came on their own time, during the weekend and fixed the leaks
and other installation defects.

I promised NEVER to buy anything from Sears and I have since kept that
promised. I was overjoyed when Kmart bought Sears and soon the Sears
stores will be sold off like a piece of pizza.