TURTLE

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am VERY displeased with the service I am getting from Sears on my
central AC unit. I came home today to find that my unit was no longer
working at all. In searching for the problem I discovered that the
fuse on the circuit board was blown. I replaced the fuse and it blew
again. I tried shutting it all down and replaced the fuse and then
tried to just start the fan, blew the fuse. Seeing it looked like I was
not going to be able to fix it, I called Sears Repair. I was told by
Sears it would be 24 hours before someone called me back and then up to
3 days for repairs. Seeing that I live in FL and I had out of town
guests I could not accept this type of answer or service.

After a bunch of calls to various Sears service groups I was finally
given the local number of the company that services for Sears. When I
called them they told me the earliest they could come out is Monday.
That is 3 days with no AIR plus I would have to take off of work to be
home for them.

This type of service thru Sears is absurd that they would make a
customer go this long without air. I could only imagine those in the
North that loose Heat during the winter being told it would take up to
3 days for repairs.

This is the worst service I have ever received form any company. Sears
being a supposed name I can trust has just given me the shaft! How can
you people treat others like this? Shame on you and your company! I
used to buy exclusively from Sears for certain things becuase of the
name and warranty, well not any more.

This is Turtle

You have just been exposed to service and how it all works. When you buy a
Speciality HVAC type equipment from a discount store. Do you really expect them
to be set up to give 100% service when they only sell them and could care less
after sale because they have no more need of you anymore as to fixing if it
breaks. Never buy HVAC equipment from a store / company / who ever that only
sells the equipment part time and is not 100% in the business of the Sales &
repair of what you bought from them.

another secret here. Sears does not work on HVAC equipment that is out of
warranty or they did not sell it. They may say so but if they do come out they
will tell you to buy a new one because yours is burnt up and need a totally new
one. Their service department is just a '' sales force '' doing business for
service after the sale does not make very much money.

TURTLE