Edwin Pawlowski

"R Thompson" wrote in message
.. .
Last summer we bought a new house, built in 1990, which has a sliding
patio
door on the back of the house which we want to replace with a French door
unit. The problem is that the existing door is 70" wide and looks like 79"
tall.

Any thoughts on where I could find a door this size?

My though is, do you need that size? If the house was build in 1990, it is
very likely a standard sized opening. Builders try to avoid special sizes
on doors because they cost so much to have made special.

My guess is that you are not measuring properly. Trim may be covering the
actual size of the door. You need to remove the trim to see the rough
opening and measure that.