Phisherman

On 10 Jun 2005 11:24:32 -0700, "JB in CT" wrote:

My 2-cycle Lawnboy has become a gas guzzler. I have gone from using one
tank of gas to mow my lawn to almost two tanks. I use the recommended
oil/gas ratio, have put on a new air filter (oiled), and have done
nothing to cause the increase in gas consumption. The mower is about 8
years old and starts fine. Any ideas?

A sharp blade will use less power. Use a premium-grade gasoline from
a good-brand station. Clean (or replace) and gap the spark plug.
Check for leaks (do you notice any gasoline smell?). I've noticed
that I use more gasoline, the hotter the summer days.