DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Clark Magnuson wrote:
It seems to have no flat surfaces, other that the magnetic sticky side.
It seems to be made of Aluminum, epoxy, and something too hard to drill.
It seems difficult to attach a dial indicator in line with Mighty Mag Base.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...&PARTPG=INLMK3

The ad to which you just pointed with that URL says that it is
die-cast zinc, not aluminum.

And the epoxy is probably used to hold the magnet material in.

The "too hard to drill" is probably some form of a ceramic
magnet -- perhaps the neodynium ones which are so strong.

But even if it were an old alnico, those also were too hard to
drill -- at least with normal drill bits.

The lack of other flat surfaces should give you the clue that
they are not intended to stick to a surface.

I don't have one, so I don't know which styles of indicators
will mount easily on it, and which will not.

But from the description, there are several ways to mount
indicators already provided on the device.

Do you have a question, instead of a list of observations? If
so, perhaps you could state the question in the body, instead of the
rather nebulous:

"Mighty Mag Magnetic Base Modifications?"

which was only in the "Subject: " header.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564