HeatMan

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:%4jqe.16$kl1.0@trndny08...

"Martino" wrote in message
Tony,
the web site says that AQUASAFE "meets National Fire Protection
Association (NFPA) and UL requirements for residential fire sprinkler
systems" but I have no idea if it's fire resistant.

To my knowledge, all plastics in construction must be fire resistant.

Worst
case scenario is that the tubing would burn, leak water and put the fire
out.

You're not far from the truth. Former neighbor had his lawn mower catch
fire one evening and the fire melted the solder that was connecting the
water lines in the basement. The ensuing flood put the fire out.