Bushy Pete

"The Bald Ass Prairie Farm planet.net" rosielle@telusnojunk wrote in
message news:iRwve.77245$HI.34526@edtnps84...

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message
I have an old pto tiller from a Ford LGT tractor, and I want to perhaps
adapt it for use on my Kubota, but not sure what the shaft speed was on

the
Ford......pretty sure it was much faster than the 550 and 800 rpms that

are
available on the Kubota...

If anyone knows offhand or has one that runs off 550 and or 880 rpms and
could perhaps check it and let me know what the usual reduction ratio

from
the shaft on out to the tines would be for your typical pto drive tiller

it
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

For what it's worth, the tiller on my Kubota runs at 550 rpm

Richard

Doesn't really much mater, you won't normally run your tractor through the
dirt at maximum rpm anyway, so the engine speed at maximum 550 pto rpm
rather than 540 rpm will only be about 40 rpm more. Most of the time you
will be running at a nice conservative rpm to prolong the life of the
equipment and tractor.

Hope this helps,
Peter