Brian Lawson

Hey Grant,

I don't know what EDR is, as I haven't followed the start of this
project. But "attaching power" to carbons used for EDM (not your
EDR), they are all attached to some isolatable current carrying platen
to which the "cable" is solidly attached, so that there is no need to
move the cable at any time. The carbon is then attached to this
platen, either though bolted, clamped externally (ie easy to do to
with rectangles or rounds), or crazy glued to a special holder for
easy change/replacement.

Take care.

Brian Lawson.
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:02:20 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

OK, I got a couple of bars of solid graphite rems about 3/4" square by 10" long.
This stuff feels wimpy to me. I don't want to clamp on the leads from my battery
charger. I'm considering drilling and tapping the ends for 1/4-20 brass
allthread, and using 2 brass nuts up on the end. Then I'd crimp 1/4" lugs on the
ends of a couple of pieces of wire and attach those to my 2 electrodes, then
bolt the other ends together using another short piece of brass allthread and 2
nuts, then I'd catch the clamp from the battery charger to that. How do you guys
actually attach power to graphite electrodes?

GWE